WE’RE HIRING – Research and Data Lead based in Bangkok
Thailand is world’s #6 contributor of plastic waste into the oceans. It puts more than 150 thousand tons of plastic marine debris into the oceans each year with the majority of this coming from land-based sources close to waterways.
At Gone Adventurin, we are doing an extensive waste management research in Thailand starting November 2017 and we are looking for
1 x Research / Data Lead based in Bangkok;
Minimum period of at least 10 weeks;
Possibility for extension of the role;
This research is part of a regional research project in Southeast Asia to collect latest data points, identify hotspots of waste generation and strategise interventions needed to plug the leaks of waste into waterways
Perquisites and skill sets needed:
1. Proficient in Thai and English;
2. Ability to look into large problems or challenges and identifying data sets needed for solutions;
3. Data analysis and visualising data;
4. Capable and comfortable traveling throughout various parts of Thailand and meeting with stakeholders including households, NGOs, government officials etc and investigating waste areas (open dump sites along waterways for example);
5. Project management in terms of ability to liaise with up to 5-10 project stakeholders and ensure smooth and timely communications;
6. Background in engineering, chemistry, physics, statistics or data analysis is preferred. Note that past experience in waste management is not required – we’ll train the selected candidate on waste management knowledge required for the role.
Whats in it for you:
1. Opportunity to work on a pioneering research study to transform waste management in Thailand and be part of Gone Adventurin – a mindfully growing, Singapore-headquartered social enterprise dedicated to finding business-driven solutions to tackle waste challenges in Southeast Asia.
2. This role also offers the opportunity to directly work with the leadership team of Gone Adventurin and with our clients. For any questions on this role, compensation and timeline you can contact Ashwin Subramaniam at email@example.com.
About Gone Adventurin (GA)
Asia is the biggest contributor to post-consumer waste mismanagement in the world. Gone Adventurin is a sustainability consultancy and project implementation partner on a mission to tackle post-consumer waste in Asia. Our vision is to create a world without waste.
We help companies design business strategies, implement pilots to recycle post-consumer waste and create closed loop supply chains so that nothing goes to waste. Our work enables our clients to become attractive to investors and loved by consumers. We have worked with clients such as P&G in India, Danone in Indonesia, Dole Foods in the Philippines and Unilever in Vietnam.