WE’RE HIRING – Project Executive (Food Waste) based in Singapore [CLOSED]
Placement Title: Project Executive – Food Waste
Start Date: 15th August 2018
Time Requirement: Full-Time for contract period (August – December 2018)*
*With opportunity to extend or convert to a full-time role based on performance
About the Role:
Gone Adventurin is working on pioneering, strategic projects in Asia to tackle the serious environmental challenges posed by post-consumer waste in the areas of packaging, particularly plastics, and food.
Why Asia? Because Asia is the biggest contributor to post-consumer waste mismanagement in the world. Over 80% of plastics entering the oceans comes from Asia with just 5 countries responsible for most of this pollution. 52% of fruits and vegetables in Asia are wasted, with the majority of this food loss happening at farm, post-harvest and processing stages even before it reaches stores, supermarkets or consumers.
If you are inspired to tackle the complex challenges of plastic entering the oceans here in Asia or over 1/3rd of all food being wasted, then consider joining our team. Gone Adventurin is a sustainability consultancy and project implementation partner on a mission to tackle post-consumer waste in Asia. Our vision is to create a world without waste.
We are looking for a Project Executive with strong analytical and critical thinking skills, in addition to Mandarin language skills (as this is a requirement for the job role), for our research projects in Singapore and the region. This role based in Singapore involves working on a food waste project in Singapore in collaboration with businesses and government. The focus of the role includes liaising with businesses, conducting surveys and data collection and supporting waste audits and creation of insights. The goal of the project is to create pioneering science based research; provide key insights, strategic recommendations and measurable outcomes; and implement groundbreaking strategies to significantly drive circular economy in Singapore and Asia.
Working with Gone Adventurin provides the opportunity to work in a small, mindfully growing, Singapore-headquartered company dedicated to finding business-driven solutions to tackle waste challenges in Asia. We are dedicated, diverse team of 5 nationalities with multi-faceted backgrounds in engineering, business, packaging, environment, economics, policy and finance. While primarily based in Singapore, the role may involve local travel within the Asia region with an opportunity to meet and build relationships with a wide range of local stakeholders from industry, government and NGOs.
Applications welcome from graduates and undergraduates.
- Fluent in speaking and reading in Mandarin (as this is a requirement for the job role)
- 1+ years of experience in management or environmental consulting or in a research, strategy or data analytics role in business, government agencies, NGOs or throughout University/Polytechnic
- The right attitude, interpersonal and communication skills to work with and manage relationships with people of all backgrounds, from C-Level and senior management of multinationals to recycling workers
- Problem-solving, analytical skills, evidenced research capabilities (e.g. past research or data analysis reports which shows capabilities in these areas) and experience in primary and secondary data collection
- Evidenced passion and deep-seated aspiration to tackle environmental challenges.
- Self motivated and highly organized individual able to work in a dynamic and deliverables-oriented work environment
- Excellent referrals from at least 1 previous client, past employers or professor
- Capable and comfortable traveling throughout Singapore to conduct research and meet with stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Strong English skills – verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry), Engineering, Environment, Statistics, Business, Accounting or Finance
- Experience in research on environmental sustainability topics – especially waste management or recycling. If you do not have waste management experience and/or circular economy understanding we require you to take 1-2 short online courses before starting on the role.
- Proficiency in using Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides
How to Apply:
To apply, please send to email@example.com all of the below:
- Your CV
- Cover letter
- Written references (preferred)
Note for Applicants:
- Please apply by 30th July 2018
- We usually receive a number of applicants for our open positions so we may only be able to respond to applicants who meet our requirements
- We may require you to take 1-2 short online courses on solid waste management before starting on the role
- Applicants who meet our requirements for this role can expect a 2-step interview process